HomecoolMods
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Pc Mod Team

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Some Help needed

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sweenytodd
Active User
Active User

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Some Help needed Empty
PostSubject: Some Help needed   Some Help needed I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 3:36 am

Hi beowulf!
Werecool refered me to you about UV mapping:
at the moment i am working with tutorials to give the right texture to the wolf
but i am not so sure if i am doing the right thing
1) i am using gimp to make the textures, i may send a sample image of it later
2) then i 'll uv map with the wolf

secondaly do you still have those vampire teeth?
thirdly i intend to modify some costumes, can you give me some tips what to do when modifying costumes?
I am intending to use the actor costumes to modify here is an image what i intend to

Some Help needed Ta436
this would be complete with wings ON THE ARMS to look like a bat... i may have to shorten the legs too and add that piece of skin that all bats have between the legs and tail, is this all possible in that case i'll a plan B

i will do some transitional stages too from bat to human transformations, like using the nosferatu ( not werecool's) like masks from the movies and modifying them. I want to make them fully rigged that their mouth moves like a normal actor

i will also make victorian costumes ( i already have a top hat) and robes

i would be grateful if you write down some tips and precautions i should take when modifying costumes, thanks
Wheee
Back to top Go down
Beowulf71
Beowulf71

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-02-14

Some Help needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Help needed   Some Help needed I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 1:20 pm

For the Vampire teeth, I answered you on DCMF, but since the site is down, I don't know if you got my answer, so here it is again.

After I donwloaded the meshes of the game, I found that there already was some vampire's teeth in the game, and they are exactly like the one I made. Pretty easy to do, just have to pull a couple of vertices on the teeth mesh.

Or import the: generic_head_vampire.msh in blender , you just have to erease the head and you got vampire teeth.

If you don't have that mesh, I can send it to you.

For the UV part, I don't know anything about "Gimp", so I can't help you with that.

I do my UV layout using blender and then I make my texture with photoshop.

For the costume modifying, the best advise, would be don't change the proportion too much and don't change the rig at all and try to add as few faces as possible. Remove double vertices, but don't do it around the mouth.
Back to top Go down
http://beowulf71.deviantart.com/
sweenytodd
Active User
Active User

Some Help needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Help needed   Some Help needed I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 3:05 pm

thanks, you can tell me about photoshop too i'll see what i can do then... i did the uv layout with blender but looks like a bit of a mess :yoda:

P.S i am trying to get the right texture for a European wolf (which is overpopulating Romania nowadays)
Back to top Go down
Beowulf71
Beowulf71

Some Help needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Help needed   Some Help needed I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 3:19 pm

For the UV layout, did you "mark some seems"?

To make your texture look good, you need to have a clean UV layout.

Here is an example of UV layout (my bison) Some Help needed Bison2group00001

Photoshop..., well, honestly, I'm not really good with Photoshop, I do what I can with it, not really what I want. You probably should ask someone else for tips on Photoshop.

A thing that is fun with Photoshop, it that you can work in layers, so you can add and remove things pretty fast.

Have you found the teeth?

I think the bat looks better that way:Some Help needed Moviemodel1.th

The arms are longer than normal, but exenting them wouldn't be that bad, since there is no hands to animate.
Back to top Go down
sweenytodd
Active User
Active User

Some Help needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Help needed   Some Help needed I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 2:01 am

Quote :
For the UV layout, did you "mark some seems"?
not yet ,doing a tutorial on them

Quote :

Photoshop..., well, honestly, I'm not really good with Photoshop, I do what I can with it, not really what I want. You probably should ask someone else for tips on Photoshop.
still you do very good (actuallly better than just very good)mods. ok i will ask someone else Very Happy

Quote :
Have you found the teeth?
yes

Quote :

I think the bat looks better that way:

i'am trying to evade copying, so i am being original in my own way, anyway the arm idea is a good idea 😉
thanks

i'll finish the wolf first then i'll send some results on the bat costume
Back to top Go down
Beowulf71
Beowulf71

Some Help needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Help needed   Some Help needed I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 9:22 am

If you need help with the UV layout, I can help you.

If you want to know somthing about Photoshop, (do you have Photoshop?), I could always try to help you.

I can tell you how to make a "stencil" with the UV map and some other little things, but not much more, since I don't know much more.
Back to top Go down
sweenytodd
Active User
Active User

Some Help needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Help needed   Some Help needed I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 1:59 pm

i 'll have photoshop, i may need some time to learn the neccesary stuff for the movies (making new textures that is) i learn quickly so i won't take long.
i'll soon send in the uv layout of the wolf

Quote :
I can tell you how to make a "stencil" with the UV map and some other little things, but not much more, since I don't know much more.
this sounds like a pretty good move Very Happy
thanks
Back to top Go down
sweenytodd
Active User
Active User

Some Help needed Empty
PostSubject: a bit of a prob with uv   Some Help needed I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 5:02 pm

i having probs with uv mapping
first i have to describe my mesh (the wolf)
1) the mesh isn't mirror modified (you read on dcmf)
2) the face has no middle "vertices" or center line ,so does the tounge therefore impossible to divide in half when uv mapping it out
3) some varations may occour from left to right, but this gives the wolf a more savage appearence

the result would be: a mess (i won't touch the mesh anymore i've working on it for weeks now)
i think soon i'll show you images of what i am doing with more detail, maybe i myself isn't being clear
thanks for your patience
Back to top Go down
Beowulf71
Beowulf71

Some Help needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Help needed   Some Help needed I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 5:23 pm

Could you post a picture of the wolf in edit mod?

At least a couple of different angles.
Back to top Go down
sweenytodd
Active User
Active User

Some Help needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Help needed   Some Help needed I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 1:18 pm

Here sorry for the delay

sideview
Some Help needed Wolfside

head front
Some Help needed Headmolf

head top (sorry about the center line i discovered i did the line)
Some Help needed Wolfheadtop

mouth beneath
Some Help needed Mouthbeneath

back legs
Some Help needed Backlegs
Back to top Go down
Beowulf71
Beowulf71

Some Help needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Help needed   Some Help needed I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 5:18 pm

Ok, this is what I would try first.

I would make a seem starting at the top of the head, going on the back to the tip of the tail and from the tip of the tail under the belly and in front of the chest stopping under the jaw.

I would also make a seem on each legs, starting at the center one going all the way to the paw.

A bit like this: Some Help needed Wolfside.th

Then I would try to do some other seems on the head, for the ears (both of hem) and mouth for a starter.

A bit like this: Some Help needed Headmolf.th

Once the seems are done, you select all the vertices with "a" and the you press "u" and unwrap.

See what results you got and see if it's a bit less of a mess.

You probably will have to add more seem on the paws (for the claws) and in the mouth (the teeth)
Back to top Go down
sweenytodd
Active User
Active User

Some Help needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Help needed   Some Help needed I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 11:22 am

here's what i've done yet:
[img]Some Help needed Uvwolf.th[/img]

anything else i should do?
Back to top Go down
Beowulf71
Beowulf71

Some Help needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Help needed   Some Help needed I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 2:24 pm

Not too bad! The only thing that could go wrong with the way you did it is the joints (the paw, the body) where the texture will meet, but you could probably manage to make it work. (My bison is split in half, because on a bison there is 2 type of fur, so it's split where the fur texture changes.)

The only thing that is wrong is the triangles taking half of the image. You could always put them where they belong manually.

I can tell you how.

It's a bit long, but it works.

In the UV screen, (make it full screen if you can) you select in "Sticky UV selection": Shared Vertex.

Now you go and select a vertices on a triangle, it should select another one on the layout. (To see where, move it a little).

Then you press "w" (wield), now the vertices are join and just have to place it where it belongs.

(When you move if you see that many vertices moves on the layout, go back to Sticky UV selection and put it back to Shared Location and select only the vertices you want to wield togheter.)

Like I said, it's a bit long and it can become a bit mixed up, but if you do one at a time and place them correctly, you'll end up with a good UV map.
Back to top Go down
sweenytodd
Active User
Active User

Some Help needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Help needed   Some Help needed I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 3:16 pm

before doing anything else i fixed it a bit

how did i go?
Back to top Go down
Beowulf71
Beowulf71

Some Help needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Help needed   Some Help needed I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 4:47 pm

Ok, but it seems, you forgot a seems somewhere.

Some Help needed Uvwolf.th
Back to top Go down
sweenytodd
Active User
Active User

Some Help needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Help needed   Some Help needed I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 12:20 pm

here is how i fixed this

how is that now?

by the way have a look at tmunderground forums i made some reviews on flicks and how they may help us and give us ideas, i no professional critic... yet (i am taking a course on this) therefore i can't do requests,but see for yourself and discuss it the forum, if you like to. at the moment i have three films reviewed i'll be reviewing more
thanks

p.s. thread is called Great Movies in the cinematics rambling section
Back to top Go down
Beowulf71
Beowulf71

Some Help needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Help needed   Some Help needed I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 1:35 pm

Some Help needed Uvwolf.th

1 and 2 you should put the paws in pair (select one flip it and put it right over the other)

3 Take care of these triangles. (explain how in a previous post)

Maybe you could send it to me, I would clean the UV, then send it back to you so you could make the texture.
Back to top Go down
sweenytodd
Active User
Active User

Some Help needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Help needed   Some Help needed I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 4:38 pm

first of all i would like to thank you a lot for your attention and patience
the thing is that i rather do it myself so i could improve my skills.
the triangles bit i am still not understanding since i am completely new to uv mapping
and still practicing with tutorials. if you know of some good tutorial on handling triangles (my blender version is 2.48) pls can you give me a link to it?

again i really remain grateful for your attention and the time you spent to help me
Back to top Go down
Beowulf71
Beowulf71

Some Help needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Help needed   Some Help needed I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 5:57 pm

Have you read my previous post about getting rid of the triangles?

You know that the triangles I'm talking about is the big pink triangle talking half of the layout?

Sorry, I don't know about any tutorials. I found most of this stuff by myself.

If you send me your wolf and I map it, taking some pics along the way and send you back the final result. I think it would help you for future projects, but it's like you want, I can't force you. It would be like your own, private tutorial.

(Don't worry, I won't use your wolf or ask for any credits for it)
Back to top Go down
sweenytodd
Active User
Active User

Some Help needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Help needed   Some Help needed I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 12:29 am

Yes i read that post,but is it right that the triangles end up into one small vertice?

i think there is something i misunderstood?

i prefer a private tutorial and i thank you for your kindness Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Beowulf71
Beowulf71

Some Help needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Help needed   Some Help needed I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 11:02 am

The edges of the triangle are joined by vertices. (the little yellow dots)

So, you'll send it to me?
Back to top Go down
sweenytodd
Active User
Active User

Some Help needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Help needed   Some Help needed I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 3:38 pm

i will send it to you. but after doing the uv clean up, pls send attached the method used to do the job. I would to learn the skill myself .
can you tell how to upload the blend files?
Back to top Go down
Beowulf71
Beowulf71

Some Help needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Help needed   Some Help needed I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 5:19 pm

Of course.

Check your private message.
Back to top Go down
sweenytodd
Active User
Active User

Some Help needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Help needed   Some Help needed I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 2:50 pm

check pm pls
Back to top Go down
Beowulf71
Beowulf71

Some Help needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Help needed   Some Help needed I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 4:11 pm

Ok, I'll first get get rid of the triangle and make you a more detailed tutorial (pictures and note) and then, I'll probably clean the mesh a little and redo the UV map and take some more pics and notes.

And I'll send it right back to you when it's all done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Some Help needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Help needed   Some Help needed I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some Help needed
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HomecoolMods :: Modders :: Beowulf71's Mods-
Jump to: